We are seeking a Support Engineer that is passionate about technical support and troubleshooting. The tasks as Support Engineer will be to receive and log support cases from customers all over the world. The Support Engineer will be a part of Symsoft support team, which is a worldwide leader in delivery of Messaging Solutions.
At the very beginning a person on this position will get a chance to take a professional course at Symsoft headquarter in Stockholm, Sweden, but the final workplace will be at Symsoft Warsaw office. The Support Engineer will work with managed services, preventive maintenance of customer installations and possibly even perform software installations at customer.
The Support Engineer role includes technical assistance, troubleshooting, writing incident reports and handling customer communication around the support cases. This role reports to Director Support at Symsoft.
This role includes that you take part on a rotating on-call schedule for our 24/7 emergency support. Normal working hours are weekdays, but you might be required to work some weekends on rotating weekend shifts if customer requirements demand so.
To excel in the role, it is important that the candidates have a business mind and see the benefits of business for both the company and its customers.
- Social benefits
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Great atmosphere at work
For the role of Support Engineering, a relevant university degree is required and at least a couple of years of experience from technical roles within the telecom and/or IT industry.
We think the perfect candidate has experience and knowledge within some or all of the following areas:
- Oracle DB, within the context of telecommunication systems
- Oracle troubleshooting & tuning
- Oracle storage, for example ASM systems
- Experience of installing and upgrading Oracle databases
- Working experience with Oracle 12.1 and later Oracle versions
- Unix/Linux based systems
- OCS/Prepaid Systems or VAS systems (such as SMSC, MMSC, USSD, WAP GW, IVR, Voice Mail, Collect Call etc.)
- Fluency in English
We believe that the right candidate has following personal and professional characteristics:
- Takes initiative and makes carefully considered decisions
- Customer-, technical- and solution oriented
- Comfortable and experienced in multitasking
- A positive attitude
- Comfortable and positive towards working in an ever-changing world
- A recognized ability to excel and exceed expectations.